Dr. Abhijit Joshi is one of Pune’s well known Orthopedic Surgeons. He is currently in private practice as Orthopaedic Surgeon since (1998). He is also Consultant Trauma and Arthroplasty surgeon at Deendayal Memorial Hospital Fergusson College Road Pune.
Dr. Joshi received his Bachlor Degree from KIMS, Karad (MBBS 1994). Dr. Abhijit Joshi is an expert at all kinds of Joint Replacement Surgeries, performing advanced and revision surgeries of the knee, shoulder and other joint replacement procedures; total knee replacements, and diabetic foot treatments.
He is a Panel Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, and Consultant Surgeon to International Leprosy Union & International Longevity Centre(ILC) Pune. He has done a UN course in Gerontology from INIA (Malta-2006) .
Apart from Orthopaedic Sugery he has also worked for the last ten years in the field of Leprosy Self care and POD and RCS.He has papers/publications in Orthopaedics, Leprosy etc.
Dr. Abhijit Joshi ( August 2010 ) has completed his Fellowship in Diabetic Foot, from National University of Singapore.
• Consulting Orthopaedic Surgeon at Tilak Road Pune, INDIA since (1998) i.e Private practice.
• Orthopaedic consultant Deendayal , Pune,Hon Police Hospital ( 2009 )
• Diabetic Foot Surgeon at Jahangir Hospital, Chellaram Hospital and KEM Hospital.
• Panel Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Poona Hospital & Global Hospital.
• Former Orthopedic surgeon for Polio Deformity correction at Samarth Hospital Pune, a project by Rotary International.
• Chief Medical Officer Pune unit of CASP (Community Aid and Sponsorship Programme )
• Awarded the Pune’Karyaratna” award May 2008.
• Consultant for Laxmi Raghunath Memorial Foundation. – Charitable trust.(2000 to 2010)
• Numerous camps for various organizations viz- Rotary etc.
• Attended Numerous Orthopaedic workshops and conferences. as Faculty , Speaker.
• Selected to attend WHO sponsored State level Consultation meet on Leprosy Elimination Strategy.
• Attended the Basic and Advanced ILIZAROV workshop organized by ASAMI-India. Jan 2000.
• Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy workshops and conferences & lectures in Orthopaedic Gerontology.
• Co-Authored paper-Effectiveness of bridge V.A.C. dressings in the treatment of diabetic foot Ulcers in Diabetic Foot & Ankle, Vol 2(2011) published March 2011.
• Volunteer Training of Trainers in Self care POD in Leprosy paper presented for International conference in Kathmandu Nepal Sept 2007 /Leprosy congress Jan 08 Hyderabad. Paper ‘Doctors Role in changing image of Leprosy’- Patna. Aug 2004. Papers in Gerontology and Leprsy in various conferences. Roadio Shows on AIR Pune station.
• Paper on ‘Corrective Knee surgery in Polio’ –Poona orthopedic society – Jan 2003
• Co authored the paper titled “Health Needs, Disability and Intervention Strategies in Population Aging in Slum Population “presented in the International Conference on Aging Durban, South Africa, in Sept 1997.
• Articles in magazines ,newspapers on various issues e.g. TKR in ‘Saanjtara’ a magazine for senior citizens.
• INTERNATIONAL NEPAL FELLOWSHIP (Green Fields Hosp/WHO-TLM) – ILU, 1997. Diabetic- Foot and reconstructive Leprosy Surgery.
• Selected for International Short Training Programme in Medical Gerontology- MALTA 2006.
• Interest in Orthopaedic Gerontology.
Special Interests in Orthopaedics:
• Trauma, Joint Replacement and Knee Arthroscopy.Diabetic foot.